ETN will be delivering its virtual training courses using the reliable Microsoft Teams platform because it remains the preferred platform by the NHS and the law courts. Our events will include a range of possible sessions, interactive Q&A opportunities and virtual refreshment and lunch breakouts, allowing you to watch the event and liaise with other delegates.
Prior to the training course, you will receive a personalised electronic invitation to the event which you must accept. Please check your spam folder if you have not received this three days before the event.
There are a number of important ways you can prepare…
- Download Microsoft Teams as an application on your laptop as opposed to using an internet browser to ensure full functionality
Download link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/download-app
- We recommend you take the time to explore Microsoft Teams before the course date to familiarise yourself with the functionality
- If possible avoid using a NHS computer so that NHS firewalls do not inhibit your functionality
- We will send you an electronic version of our course programme in advance of the course which has the hyperlinks embedded within the document. By clicking this link, you will be taken directly into our virtual training room in MS Teams. If we are using a variety of virtual training rooms, these links will be included also in our programme.
- You will receive course materials in advance if required.
- You will receive a delegate list and the speaker presentations on the day of the course.
Please follow these simple instructions… Before we start….
- Shut down any other applications on your computer
- Avoid any external distractions (e.g. place a Do Not Disturb notice on your office door)
- Prepare your lunch and refreshment arrangements in advance so you can take advantage of the networking opportunities
- Open the electronic course programme on your computer desktop so that you can easily access the different aspects of the course using these links. We recommend that you keep this programme open on your computer desktop during the event and access the links at the appropriate times. NB. Some NHS computers have firewalls which may prevent the hyperlinks from working. The links will be live when the course is live from 8.30am in the morning allowing you plenty of time to ensure your connectivity and settle in!
- Once in the virtual training room we will be present to welcome you. You will be joined by our other delegates, your chair and speakers.
Please follow these simple instructions… When we start….
- When the course starts you will be asked to mute your microphone (these can be unmuted for the refreshment/lunch breaks). The chair is able to mute all participants but cannot unmute your microphone.
- We kindly request that you DO NOT RECORD the presentations due to copyright and also so that we can provide our delegates with a safe environment in which to ask questions.
- We will display the speaker presentations live on your screen alongside the presenter’s video feed.
If you have a question, please click the ‘raise your hand’ button which will be noted by our chairperson or our speaker(s). Questions for the speakers will be saved until the last 10 minutes of each session. Our chairperson or speaker(s) will manage the questions in accordance with our course programme.
We have refreshment/lunch breaks scheduled in our programme. At these times and dependant on our programme, you have the option to either stay in the training room or go to a refreshment group to chat together with your fellow delegates.
Prior to the course, we are offering you a ‘walkthrough’ of the Microsoft Teams platform with one of our ETN colleagues for those who feel they needed further assistance. This is to address any questions you may have and also to minimise any possible issues on the day of the course. If you haven’t already, please email Alysha Waugh, our course coordinator at email@example.com to request this and we will be in touch to arrange a mutually suitable date/time. Please note: in line with other virtual training providers, ETN will not accept any responsibility for poor or lost connectivity during the event.
If you have any urgent queries or difficulties on the day of the conference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0113 257 2139 and a member of the team will assist you.
An evaluation form will be emailed to you at the end of the course. Once we have received your completed evaluation form, we will send you our course CPD certificate of attendance.
Thank you once more for booking our virtual training course. We look forward to welcoming you!