A practical course for new or aspiring consultants
Taking on the role of a consultant is a huge leap but with the right skills you will flourish and be successful. This course has been designed to acknowledge the challenges you will face in this role and then equip you with the knowledge and skills to organise your workload and overcome any difficulties.
Delivered by a new consultant, you will find out what to expect in the first few years of this role and tips for how to hit the ground running.
This course will cover:
• Understanding the NHS and the role of the consultant
• Tips and advice from a new consultant
• How to cope with trainees in difficulty, SUIs and complaints
• How to raise and act on concerns about your colleagues
• Self-management skills to help you prioritise your time
• Managing, leading and working with others
Who should attend?
All psychiatrists who have recently secured a consultant role or are aspiring towards the role of the consultant.
Our trainers include:
Dr David Newby, Former Medical Director of Leeds Partnership Trust, Leeds
Dr Ian A Davidson, Consultant Psychiatrist, Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and Director of Mersdee Health Limited